Tuesday, April 7, 2015

CROOKED ROADS -- The Soundtrack!

So I put together a song list of music I think somehow matches or evokes or the spirit of each story in my upcoming collection, CROOKED ROADS. Here's the list:

"The Space Between" -- Where I End and You Begin / Radiohead
"Columbus Day" -- Scene of the Crime / The Stooges
"No Hard Feelings" -- Mansion on the Hill / Bruce Springsteen
"American Chivalry" -- Drinkin' Ain't Hard to Do / Hank III
"Dumb Shit" -- Dumb / Nirvana
"Spare Change" -- Do Nothing Till You Hear from Me / Duke and Pops
"State Road 53" -- Seed of Memory / Terry Reid
"Patience" -- Shitlist / L7
"Katy Too" -- (duh!) Katy Too / Johnny Cash
"My Kind of Town" -- (duh again!) Chicago / Frank Sinatra
"A Matter of Time" -- How I Could Just Kill a Man / Rage Against the Machine with Cypress Hill
"Methamphetamine and a Shotgun" -- Nite Flights / The Walker Brothers
"Little People" -- Shadowplay / Joy Division
"A Moral Majority" -- Get Back / The Beatles
"The Ralphs at Third and Vermont" -- We Had to Tear This Motherfucka Up! / Ice Cube

The playlist can be found HERE.

When we get closer to the release date for the book, I'll post an explanation for each song on the official CROOKED ROADS facebook page. (Feel free to join if you haven't already done so!)

No comments:

Post a Comment