Monday, June 30, 2014

Mr. Cizak's story at LitReactor

So LitReactor is having a crime fiction contest.  You can go there and read stories and rate them and comment on them.  I've entered a story called "The Ralph's at Third and Vermont."  This story seems to fall into a style I've developed since finishing the MFA program where I put disparate moments together and let the reader figure out why they're related.  I find it interesting that my genre (vs. literary) fiction leaves much more space for experimentation (in the MFA program, the only experimenting seems to be messing with verb tense and POV) than so-called literary fiction.  Anyway, it's good to be writing the kind of fiction I prefer to write without fear of some MFA literafia cult descending on me and calling me worthless for writing fiction where stuff actually happens.

But enough about my work, let's talk about me.  Just kidding.  Please follow this link and read and rate my story.  Even if you don't like it, feedback is always a good thing.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment