Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Createspace Censors Pulp Modern!

For those of you who actually purchased Pulp Modern: Number Four, open it up and take a look at the advertisement for Uncle B's Drive-In Fiction in the front of the book.  Notice something missing?  The pdf I sent to createspace included the words 'Now available at Amazon.com' on the bottom of the picture in the ad.  Notice how it's not there now?  That's createspace.  For perspective on how absurd this is, consider this: I have been nagging Amazon to list the publisher of the books as Uncle B. Publications, instead of createspace (because we still live in a world where douchebags think there's something wrong with print-on-demand).  Amazon refuses to dishonor createspace.  But it looks like createspace doesn't give a shit about amazon.

Things that make you go hmm...

Why don't we all write to Amazon and let them know what createspace is doing?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting!

    When I publish my ebooks through KDP, I always list under Publisher "Post Modern Pulp Books", and it's included in the book's front matter.

    I do the same thing with CreateSpace, but they specifically state that the listed publisher on Amazon must be "Createspace". However, on the front matter of my printed books I can also put "Published by Post Modern Pulp Books" and have never seen a problem from them.

    I kinda wish CSpace would just accept that all they really are is a printer and distributor, not a "Publisher". Yes, they offer client services, but it's all a la carte.

    Sorry to hear about these troubles!

    ReplyDelete