Thursday, August 30, 2012

Drive-In Fiction: The Shunned Highway Soundtrack

Uncle B's Drive-In Fiction kicks off with Garnett Elliott's The Shunned Highway.  I asked each writer involved to assemble a soundtrack for their stories.  Here's Garnett's:



EASY LIVIN - Uriah Heep
RAMBLIN,' GAMBLIN' MAN - Bob Seger
BLACK BETTY - Ram Jam
LOST HIGHWAY - Hank Williams
I'M NO ANGEL - Greg Allman
WAR PIGS - Black Sabbath
MARS, BRINGER OF WAR - Tomita
HEAR MY TRAIN A COMIN - Jimi Hendrix
BLUE HIGHWAY - George Thorogood

Get your listening on so you got the tunes in your head when you read the novella.  More soundtracks to follow...


(Picture courtesy of http://almyki.deviantart.com/art/Motorcycle-Painting-179916826)

6 comments:

  1. Here's the tunes! All gathered for your enjoyments: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD7F721B5745B933D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's a great picture. Thanks to Mr. Keaton for coming up with the soundtrack idea and assembling the tunes.

    The story is set in the 70's, so two of the songs ('I'm No Angel' and 'Blue Highway') are kinda out-of-place, but they fit their scenes well, anyway.

    Give 'Blue Highway' a listen in particular--a different direction for George and the boys.

    @Dave: Great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Mars Bringer of War song is trippy. Thanks for introducing me to something new. Definitely a crazy 70s vibe with that long synth jam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomita takes me right back to the 70s. At the time I couldn't figure out why my dad was so into that music. I discovered why just a few years later... Check out the record "Snowflakes are Dancing" (I think that's the title).

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom got me the Tomita Planets album in the 70's, because it's a synth redux of Gustav Holtz's original compositions and I was really into 'space' stuff at the time . . .

    ReplyDelete