Monday, May 7, 2012

Things at Pulp Modern, They Is A-Changin'

I'm going to be making a change to the guidelines at Pulp Modern. Beginning with issue three, there will only be one payment after six months.  At that point, I will release the rights back to the authors.  The book will remain available for another six months before I make it unavailable.  The sales on the first two issues have not been steady so I don't see a need to send out twenty-five cents to a writer five months after the release of the journal.  If anyone thinks this is problematic, I am willing to listen to arguments.

3 comments:

  1. I think that is a good idea. it will make accounting easier and still base the payment on sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir, I haven't submitted to Pulp Modern yet although I'm looking forward to (just waiting for the right story, I guess). So please take this with a grain of salt.

    I've got about ten shorts published now and I've been paid once or twice. At this point, I don't really care about receiving payment. It's more of s symbolic gesture than anything else. All I want is to be associated with a quality product and that's what Pulp Modern is. I don't think there's any shame in saying you can't give payment for now. Whether it's 25 cents or 10 bucks, I think we can all live without it as we believe Pulp Modern has the necessary legs to lift off and be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Thomas.

    Ben, thanks for the kind words. Nothing much is going to change, writers will still benefit from that initial sale push. I look forward to seeing your work whenever you think it's ready to go.

    ReplyDelete