Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mr. Cizak's 2012

While the rest of the world prepares for doomsday, I'm going to continue writing and trying to pay my bills.  Some places you can look for my own fiction this year:

Beat to a Pulp: Round Two.  If this collection is anything like Round One, it's going to be a hell of an honor to be included in it.  My story is part of the Haggard, Indiana cycle that began at Thuglit with "My Kind of Town" (a story that needs a revision, I see now...)

Indiana Crime.  Poetry, fiction, and photos by writers from Indiana (obviously) or with some sort of Indiana connection.  I've been trying for years to respond to some people I hung out with back in my more self-destructive days.  They were roofers who blamed Mexicans for contractors selling them out.  Hopefully I've made my point with my story "Dumb Shit," which is included in this collection.

Drive In Fiction.  This is a collection of novellas I'm putting together with some other writers.  The idea is to tell a story that would have made a good drive in movie back when drive in movies were made by people whose last names weren't Spielberg, Lucas, or Bay.  For now, I am keeping my story 'under wraps' because I don't want to tempt the universe to give someone else the idea...

And of course I will continue producing Pulp Modern.

Happy New Year.

5 comments:

  1. These all sound very cool. I'm particularly excited about BTAP Round 2, as Round 1 was one of the best collections of fiction I've read.

    Also, sounds like Indiana and Iowa have some of the same folks... how 25 percent of the electorate chose Santorum is mind-boggling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Santorum's turn to be "the alternative to Romney." It will last for three, four weeks, tops. At some point, the Republicans will run out of "alternatives to Romney," and they will be stuck with Romney. 2012 is another sacrificial election for the Republicans. There is no way they will defeat Obama as long as they continue to kiss corporate ass and spit on the middle class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Obama still leads head-to-head against any Republican and I can't see Obama's ratings going down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year, Alec! May PULP MODERN have a very successful year. It's a great product.

    ReplyDelete