Monday, October 17, 2011

Some Pulp Modern Updates

First of all, thanks to everyone who has helped sell this beast so far.  We need to sell lots, LOTS more so that the big dogs hear us beating down the doors!

The crime section for issue number two is just about full.  This time around I've gotten a lot of horror submissions and very few western submissions.  It's all good, as the kiddies say.  Issue one was crime heavy, this one can be horror heavy.

In excellent related news, Aldo Calcagno, who runs the site Powder Burn Flash, has been brought on board as an assistant editor to help me wade through the submissions and make sure I get issue two out there in time for the holidays.

I've made some minor adjustments to the basic description of Pulp Modern at the top of the guidelines page.  You might want to take a look.  Also, because of the number of submissions I've received, I'm going to abandon this idea of deadlines for each issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment