Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pulp Modern Update: In need of an illustrator

Issue one is looking good as far as the stories go.  Unfortunately, I am having a hell of a time finding an artist to provide some drawings for the interior as well as cover art.  I have been in contact with several artists but they seem to drift off into oblivion before I receive any work from them.  I went to a tattoo shop and asked one of the 'artists' there if he or anyone else was interested in drawing for a pulp fiction journal and he said "Pup fiction?  What's pup fiction?"  Even after I explained what it was, after I suggested it was similar to the art in the old E.C. comic books, he continued to look at me as though I had just asked him to cut his parents up and serve them as dinner at a local gathering of the American Communist and Witchcraft  Society... If anyone knows of any artists who would be interested in this, please send them my way.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to use my own photography of old toys and other antiques to 'illustrate' the journal in a manner most post-modern, but not necessarily pulp modern.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there. I might be interested in doing some art for you. Please contact me at:
    broe@rsquaredcomics.com

    Recently I did the cover of the noir issue of Black Heart Magazine.

    Thanks,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian. I'll be sending you an email shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    We are a team of graphic designers. You can have a look at our portfolio.

    http://www.designhardcore.com/design-hardcore-portfolio.php

    My contact is soumya@designhardcore.com

    Please feel free if you have any queries.

    Thanks. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete