Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pulp Modern Update

So far, I've selected three stories for the first issue (others are pending decision).  Two of the three stories chosen were submitted in standard manuscript format.  It makes many things much easier on an editor who has to read anywhere from six to a dozen submissions a day if the story is in standard format.  I'm seriously considering making it a part of the guidelines, just so at least three-fourths of the submissions come in that way.  I've learned that a certain percentage of people either don't read the guidelines at all or don't pay attention to them, so I'm well aware that I'll still get some in crazy formats.

For a reminder, here is a standard manuscript sample.

Still looking for some solid horror, science fiction and adventure (pirates, Indy Jones-stuff, etc).



Original image location: fearzone.com