Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"A Moral Majority" now up at Paraphernalia Quarterly

These folks said they'd let me know before the story went up.  I stumbled across another site called "The Literary Underground" that alerted me my story A Moral Majority was included in the latest issue of Paraphernalia Quarterly.  Anyway, take a look at the story.  It's the last story I sent out where I still 'wrote' the exact pronounciation in dialogue.  I've since had a change of heart on that whole matter.  Whenever I put together my Haggard, Indiana anthology I'll fix that.

Now, I have a lot of friends who are Christians.  I'm not bashing Christianity here, just hypocrisy.  Please keep that in mind.  This could be a story about anybody.  It just happens to be about a preacher from my made-up small town, Haggard, Indiana (and anybody looking at a map can clearly see I'm talking about good old Hobart!)


Photo courtesy of seminaryblog.com

4 comments:

  1. A hard-hitting piece, AC.

    Haggard, Indiana anthology, huh? Looking forward to that. I am throwing together a collection of my stories at the moment and find I'm updating a little here and there including dialogue like you've mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the Haggard stories have yet to be written. The cycle of stories will show how industry built and then ruined the rustbelt.

    It doesn't seem to matter how many times I go through a story, there's always an unneccessary modifier here and there. It's nerve-wracking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a nice balance of character and suspense here, especially building up to him finding the girl on the table.

    I look forward to the antho too. I have some close friends from Indiana and they have some downright strange stories not far off from this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jodi. Right now, I'm guessing that anthology is gonna be ready in time for the 2016 elections...

    ReplyDelete