Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mr. Cizak's First Western

Well, they done gone and done it!  They printed my first western, The Bastards of Gallup, over at The Western Online.  I appreciate Mr. Pizzolato taking a risk on me like that.  Looking at the story now, I can see that I wrote it before I had my Raymond Carver epiphany around early December and started cutting massive amounts of words on each revision.  The result is there's not much ambiguity in the story, but I think it's entertaining enough.  If anybody takes the time to read it I sure would appreciate any comments.  Just remember, it's the first western I've written, so go easy!

5 comments:

  1. I will click over today and check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff, Alec. Very original. I left some specifics at the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts aren't showing up on my google raeder. Grrrr..

    Loved your writing voice in this piece. It feels original and raw edged (if that is a rael term). Write more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all three of you for your comments. I value your opinions quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS- There are multiple editors on The Western Online so I need to thank all of them.

    ReplyDelete