Saturday, December 4, 2010

Nine Year Battle With IMDB.COM Comes to Conclusion

Nine years ago someone, I won't say here because the goofy sonofabitch will deny it and sue me on top of it, wrote a bogus biography of me at the Internet Movie Database (imdb.com).  I tried for years and years and years to have the damn thing removed.  IMDB, for those who don't know, is a very secretive company that, unfortunately for their secretive mission, came under the rule of Amazon a few years ago.  As a result, I took my complaints to Amazon.  Their customer service representatives had no clue as to how to get in touch with the people at IMDB.  Very strange, considering Amazon owned the damn company.  It was like trying to negotiate with the National Security Alliance by going through the CIA.  I threatened legal action and actually got my lawyer prepared to take said action.  The main problem, I argued, was that there was personal information listed that could contribute to identity theft (anybody who wants to steal my identity, oh by the way, don't forget to take the debt with you!)

Finally, I reached that point where I was ready to throw large objects through larger windows.  I told the operator at Amazon to put me in touch with the CEO of Amazon.  She gave me his email address and the problem was solved within two weeks.  I have had issues with Amazon.com before, but their customer service department has ALWAYS resolved the problem swiftly and to my satisfaction.  I cannot stress how pleased I am with the people at Amazon.  When a business is run properly, meaning, the customer is treated with respect, I believe they should be praised for it.  Mostly because most businesses today take our money for granted.  We should always reward good companies and punish bad companies with our power, which is our money (however little we may have!)

The biography at IMDB now is not entirely true.  I think the made up parts are obvious.  I'm not interested in people knowing too much personal information about me and the bio serves that purpose just fine.  My business with IMDB is finished and so is my war.  Hard to believe it took nine years to get something that belonged to me taken off of the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment